Here is the thing that you can’t quite see when you’re walking in the dark of marital trauma and your life feels done for: the morning will come. It is hard and there’s a time to be sad , but there will come a time, some time, I don’t know when— but you’ll feel joy creep in again.
You wouldn’t believe it from what we’ve gone through, but even still, today, He binds up the tiniest wounds. The other night where this photo was taken, we got done with the party and there was an emergency with a fridge at the coffee shop , so at midnight we were working our booties off to save milk, and we got to yelling at each other. We got in the car and Nato cut the tension with, “You’re my best friend.” And I said ,”Wouldn’t want to move milk with anyone else.” And then he said , “OH I’LL MOVE YOUR MILK”.
I don’t even know what that means and I think it’s gross, but I’m trying to say : laughing will find your face again. It feels like the end, but night can’t last forever.
More Resources if you’re dealing with betrayal in marriage:
Therapy, therapy, therapy. Go get help!! Tell people about it, don’t keep secrets. You’ll be tempted to say: “We talked to our friends or pastors”, but I would suggest a professional therapist in this situation.
- You can read about my marriage and things I recommend by going to my blog and typing in “marriage” in the search box and a bunch of stuff will pop up including resources I recommend www.thenatos.com
- I have an infidelity highlight on Instagram www.instagram.com/jaminato
- Podcasts I’m on: (Just Jami) https://jamieivey.com/happy-hour-68-jami-nato
- And (just Jami) : https://itunes.apple.com/…/podca…/20-000-words/id1169805996…
- And (together) : https://podcasts.apple.com/…/behind-the-scenes/id1441970779…
Us talking together about infidelity:
- I pray this blesses you – our forgiveness story captured by @storypartners
- Part 1 of our story on fb : https://www.facebook.com/jamibaker.nato/videos/1933840793340253/
- Part 2 : https://www.facebook.com/jamibaker.nato/videos/1942655502458782/
A great book is Redemption by Mike Wilkerson (not necessarily about affairs but it helped us immensely in dealing with our past issues, addictions, etc )
Devotional: Comforts from the Cross by Elyse Fitzpatrick
A Gospel Primer by Milton Vincent
Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
Jesus storybook bible is wonderful and will make you cry.
Marriagehelp.org lists every church that has good therapists who usually work on a sliding pay scale ! It’s an amazing program. I would say around 75% of the leaders have had infidelity so it’s very encouraging.
I hope that helps you as you walk through your journey. Please know that this has nothing to do with you being prettier , funnier, smarter, godlier. He was looking to satisfy a need from his Savior and it played out in an affair.